Wednesday 14 November 2012

39. Magazine Advertisment Research

I have also decided to research magazine advertisements to gain an idea of what I need to create for the last task. By researching them both now, I'll be able to see in advance what I need to create.

I decided to search Christina Aguilera to see if I could find any magazine advertisements from her herself. However, it was difficult to find any to compare and contrast too so I will have to research other music cd magazine ads. Although, I did manage to find a perfume advertisement from her, I know this is not an album one, but it still shows the type of effect she goes for, like this one on the left. Once again, she takes a very feminine approach, with pink colours and she follows the theory of Laura Mulvey again, with the idea of using females in a sexual way, this comes across this way due to the way she's sat posing. She's also in a dress that's quite low cut, suggesting this is what she's creating. However, the perfume ad's target audience will be female. So she could potentially be indicating what the audience could feel like if they had this perfume and that they'd feel 'beautiful'. This is reasoning for why this advertisement isn't a good indication to use, although it has the same sexual indications as I have shown before, I believe the target audience is mearly just females so it wouldn't be the same as music ad where she would be targeting a larger audience. On the other hand, once more she has used pink/red colours like she has done before hand and used a font that is very feminine. I could establish this idea in my own work and use it to contradict the meaning and message behind my own work. However, the main target audience is females, yet those that do not behave in a stereotypical manor. Even though I have a perfume ad, I will continue to research other forms of music advertisements to gain a further overall understanding of what I need to create. Once again, I will potentially go against my artists usual approach.

Here is another advertisement from Kings Of Leon. I thought it was best to research more ads due to the fact the other one wasn't musically related and obviously targeted a different audience. I really like this advert due to the simplistic view it's got. The simple image reverts back to the title, 'come around sundown' as it's an image of the sun coming down with the shadows of the trees. The font stands out on the darker background. I believe the simple aspect allows the audience to make up their own mind of what they can expect. For example, they can be transformed to their own idea of paradise and escape in the music and album. I want to create this feeling when I create mine, that people can get lost and motivated due to the music. There is no image of the band which suggests they go against conventions and they're based on the music rather than selling the image of themselves, in comparison to how Christina Augilera usually comes across this is totally different. I would prefer to create something like this to keep the audience wondering rather than something provocative.






No comments:

Post a Comment