Monday 18 February 2013

44. Magazine Advertisement Final Design

Final Magazine Advertisement


Here is my final magazine advertisement design. I have decided to use the same picture as I used for my front cover of my CD cover. This is to ensure continuity and so the audience can relate the magazine advertisement back to the CD when they come across it and can recognise it and establish who it actually is. The image goes against the conventions of Laura Mulvey again, showing no one in a sexual light as aspect, despite the fact it's from the pop ballad genre and the artist who actually sings the song usually follows these conventions. I haven't used a picture of the artist on the front, so it follows more of the conventions that the 'Foals' advert used in my research or Kings Of Leon. They both don't use an image of the artist in their adverts. This is potentially due to the fact more of the focus is on the content of their music rather than the way they look or how they sexually appeal to the audience. The image shows a main setting shown throughout my video and my work, for example, the basketball court, showing a vintage effect, using the outdoor court rather than the indoor one. This gives the audience an indication of the narrative behind the song and reflects back to the video used for the song. The colours in the image work well as I was very lucky on the day I filmed as I took the image from my own footage which shows the quality of the camera, therefore, the picture is recognisable from the video. The sun allows there to be a representation of hope and allows the basketball hoop to be shadowed, making it stand out more and represents the individual and how they want to succeed. The angle also allows the hoop to look high up showing it takes a long way for the individual to reach their goals. I decided to use the same font I had throughout, once again, keeping continuity and allowing that to be the artists signature font so people learn to establish the link between that font and the artist. I also decided to keep the handwriting font when writing the artists name as I liked the personal feel it gained and felt it helped gain a relationship with the artist and audience. I decided to keep the white colour as I did for my front cover as I knew it worked well and stood out in contrast to the background. However, when informing people of the date I wanted to use a different colour to ensure it stood out as well. I decided to use red as this colour is obviously one that also stands out and is powerful and will be one of the key things people will see when they look at the advertisement meaning they are likely to remember the date and associate the date with the album release. I kept the same format as my CD cover with the aspects in the bottom corner for example the record company and showing the website again to include intertextuality and to continue the growing fan based offering more on the website.


No comments:

Post a Comment