Tuesday 29 January 2013

43. Update On My Video Ideas

The main focus currently has been on my actual music video and this has obviously been a very lengthy process with many problems faced along the way that I've had to adapt too. One of the main problems was my initial idea. I found it difficult to put down on paper the complexity of my idea and soon learnt that I needed far more depth to it to fill the 4 minutes of the song but also to do this to the best of my ability.
I decided to add more depth to my video as I realised early on there was not going to be enough footage. I kept with the same narrative, but as I said, changed the settings to allow me more freedom in what I wanted to add. I decided to add different aspects of 'training' such as including boxing gloves and adapting the idea to basketball instead of football to allow it to be easier to film as I had more accessibility to basketball hoops, more regularly so it made filming far easier and created a better effect and narrative. For example, I had access to an indoor basketball court and two outdoor courts so I could create a modern and vintage effect. This will all become clear when my final video is uploaded and you will be able to gain an idea of what I'm trying to create. The same narrative of women in sport is included and the idea establishes this far better than my initial storyboard perceives. 

As I found it hard to put my ideas on paper, I knew what I wanted to create. Although, I found many barriers for example, it being hard to get it to turn out how I actually wanted it to turn out. This was one of the biggest difficulties - knowing what I wanted to create an actually creating it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment