Tuesday 4 September 2012

15. Preliminary Task




My partner and I decided we would produce a music video for our preliminary task to establish whether we would like to create one for our final project. We decided on the song Ellie Goulding - Are You Happy Now as it enabled us to take a lyrical approach and create our video this way. It also doesn't have an official video due to it being a B-Side song, resulting in us being able to take the song and establish a video in our own way as sometimes it's easy to look at ideas and make them too similar.

We also had people avaliable to feature in it, however, it was difficult due to limited facilities and resources along with time. However, it gave us a brief idea of what to expect for example, resources and software and allowed us to experiment with it for the first time and adapt once more. We both decided that our final piece will be a higher quality and we will learn from our mistakes we have made this time round, the first one being the use of a tripod and realising the massive impact using one has on the final video footage as the image is not still and looks shaky.

However, I like the idea of a lyrical video, using the lyrics to show a narrative however, it seems generic and so obvious to the viewer where the video is going to go. So in some ways, I like the idea of adapting it to keep the viewer involved and establishing a video that has more of a circular structure but I'll have to keep adapting ideas until I reach a final conclusion depending on the type of genre I want to relate my video too.

Personally, I'd say this video was aimed the majority at women due to the 'heartbroken' kind of story behind it and that they can relate to it, so particularly late teens, early twentys that are likely to be able to relate to this from their own experiences.

Overall, I will take many aspects and improve them on my next attempt along with making the descision on what I will finally create as my final piece. However, it was good to get used to the different technology and software for the first time, although there is much to improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment