Monday 8 October 2012

23. Narrative Ideas

Narrative Idea

My chosen song for my video is Christina Aguilera - Fighter, although this may change in the future. However, this song fits into the pop/rock genre, the majority of pop songs are love songs and based around relationship, I want to go against this trope and have a niche idea when relating to this song as I'd say this fits the stereotypes. For example, my main idea is to relate it to someone with many struggles, although this relates to the song, I want to do it from a sporting aspect.

My main idea is based on someone who never gives up and is a 'fighter', although they may get knocked down and told they are not good enough, they have a dream and will do anything to get there. I will do it based on one individual and their journey of being knocked down and knowing how to get back up again. For example, them putting everything they can into it and showing their emotions towards the subject. I've chosen this as my idea because I can use my own feelings and experiences to fuel the idea and hopefully this will show. Many people who participate in sport go through phases where things do not go right and this is what I aim to show in my video.

I have been researching videos like this and really like the idea. One of the main videos that shows the type of idea I want to show is The Fighter - Gym Class Heroes feat. Ryan Tedder. I want to be able to incorporate emotion in it to make it as real as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment